So many people want the Periscope app on their PC, I spent the whole weekend finding a solution, and at last – here it is!
Video part 1
Video part 2
Step by step instructions:
- Download and install Genymotion.
- Add a virtual device (I went for Google Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.0).
- Click on Start, and wait for the emulator to load up (takes a few minutes).
- Tap the “globe” icon to start the Android web browser, and search Google for “Periscope APK”.
- Download the “Periscope APK” installer (several sites host this file).
- When download completes, open the file, and install Periscope.
- Run the Periscope app, and enjoy Periscope on your PC!
Now you can save the battery on your mobile device, and enjoy watching Periscope broadcasts on your PC. You can even take part in the live chat and tap the screen using your mouse to give hearts. The broadcaster will think you are watching from your phone!
The only thing you can’t do is broadcast on Periscope from your PC, but since only 1% of people use Periscope to broadcast I don’t think this is a particular problem. If you do want to broadcast, just use your phone!
If you share this information please mention @winsoar and if you share it in a scope please spell my username out so that people can follow me for the latest tips and tricks for marketing using Periscope.
Please let me know what you think in the comments below.